‘Gut Bugs’ Can Add Inches To Your Waistline
Trying to combat bulge and a widening waist? Getting ready for bikinis and beach time?
Adding in bionic fiber can help you achieve your tummy goals! Your ‘bad’ gut flora may be adding poundage to your belly and thighs by causing inflammation and leakage of toxic bacteria into the bloodstream. These raise blood sugars and create a cascade of hormone problems that lead to fat accumulating in the abdomen, liver and other organs. This inflammation can also lead to dangerous conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, and cancer.
By feeding the ‘good’ flora with special fiber found in complex plants and roots, they will ‘crowd’ out and reduce the bad bugs which cause belly fat and inflammation. Taking soil probiotics makes this selection happen faster. When our gut is happy and harmonious, fat loss happens effortlessly. Satiety increases and prevents binge eating.
One special group of fiber known as inulin and oligosaccharides are what keep babies from coming down with colds and infections. They tighten the gut and prevent dangerous leakage and inflammation. Oligosaccharides and inulin not only prevent weight gain, but also powerfully induce fat loss.
|Inulin, FOS, Oligosaccharides = BIONIC FIBER|
Credit: Harry Flint et al, Nature, 2012.
Dr. Grace’s Bionic Fiber for Your Gut: Step #4
This is Step #4 of the 7 Steps for optimal gut health, leanness and longevity
- VERSION A: Inulin-FOS 1-2 TBS + Psyllium (if not allergic) 1 TBS + high ORAC green powder (I like Amazing Grass, LOL) in 2 cups water
- VERSION B [Fat-Blaster]: Inulin-FOS 1-2 TBS + Acacia Gum 1 TBS + high ORAC green powder in 2 cups water
- VERSION C [Amped Up Bionic Fiber For Fat Burning]: INULIN-FOS 1 TBS + ACACIA FIBER 1 TBS + Psyllium (if not allergic) 1 TBS + high ORAC green powder (I like Amazing Grass or Raw Reserve) in 2 cups of plenty water
Optional, add 1 tsp of one or several of below (rotate for variety and diversity):
- Modified Citrus Pectin
- Glucomannan (MAX: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp with 2 cups water)
- Oat Bran (Trader Joe’s; Bob’s Red Mill)
- GOS (UK Bimuno, contains dairy)
- FOS-rich Organic Yacon Syrup
- Fresh, Ground Flaxseed
- Baobab Hadza Fruit fiber
- Green Banana or Plantain Flour (MAX: 1/4 teaspoon)
- Geurts et al 2013
- Fiber That Burns Fat
- GOS, XOS
- Psyllium (AX)
- Chitin (Insects, Mushrooms)
Resistant Starch Type III: Cooked-Crystallized Starch
The best, ancestral resistant starch for long-term health, leanness and modern, disruptive lifestyles is RS3, cooked-cooled resistant starch. The crystals that form upon cooling make up a dense, DNA-like configuration that our gut flora love. They have adored and have specialized preference for RS3 for millions of years since our hominid ancestors discovered FIRE and routine cooking skills. In epidemiological studies, RS3 in ancestrally prepared food protects against diabetes, inflammation, diseases of aging and colorectal cancer.
Read more about the legumes, roasted heirloom tubers and gluten-free grains that are rich in RS3. A broad spectrum of fiber produces the best diversity and robustness in our gut flora populations:
Whole Real Food
100g = ~ ½ cup
Yacon syrup, 2 TBS
Cowpea, White Lupin
Lentils, Chickpeas, Hummus
Pinto Beans (cooked/cooled)
Purple Potato (roasted/cooled)
Long grain Rice (cooked/cool)
Sushi Rice (cooked/cool)
NEW RELATED POSTS:
- Sorry. Resistant Starch 2 (Raw) is Unlikely to Miraculously Cause Weight Loss and Body Fat Loss
- Cooked RS3 Trumps Raw RS2; They are vastly different
- Peering into Four uBiome Stool Analyses (Part 1): Benefits of BIONIC FIBER; Emergence of Toxin-Secreting Clostridium Botulinum and Loss of Over 1/3 of Gut Diversity and Species With ‘Raw Bob’s Red Mill Potato Starch’
RESISTANCE STARCH TYPE 2 TRIGGERS ADVERSE GUT MICROBIOTA EFFECTS:
- Part I: Bifidobacteria longum, Roseburia, F. prausnitzii (and Akkermansia) Made Us Human (NONE OF THESE EAT RAW POTATO STARCH) NSFW
- Part II: HADZA GUTS HAVE THE ANCESTRAL CORE MICROBIOTA IN ABUNDANCE; High Dose RAW Starch Can Suppress Bifidobacteria, Roseburia, F. prausnitzii That Make Us Human
- Part III: PALEO MAG HOT TONY FEDERICO HAS THE ANCESTRAL CORE MICROBIOTA IN ABUNDANCE; Citizen Science; Cautions with RPS-RUMPS; High Dose RAW Starch Appears to Suppress Christensenella, Akkermansia, and B longum That Make Us LEAN
- Part IV: High Dose Potato Starch Can Make You Fatter, Insulin Resistant, Feed Vipers in Your UPPER GUT If You Are MISSING Bifidobacteria longum and Akkermansia mucinophila, aka SAD Microbial Fingerprint NSFW
- Part V: High Dose Potato Starch Can Make You Fatter, Insulin Resistant By Lowering GLP-1 AND ESPECIALLY If You Are Missing Bifidobacteria longum and Akkermansia mucinophila, aka SAD Microbial Fingerprint (NSWF)
- Part VI: Lose Weight, Body Fat, Improve Blood Glucoses and Insulin Sensitivity; Repair the Gut Flora That Potato Starch (Raw RS2) Damages