NOTE: The iApothecary is undergoing upgrades and we will be up again in about two days Nov 10th or 11th. Thank you for your patience.
- Brain Fog?
- Breakout Blemishes?
- Body Fat?
- Blasted Moods?
Our BIFIDO|MAXIMUS probiotic powder will also support people with Histamine, D-Lactate, Gut Dysbiosis and Candida Overgrowth issues.
Our most effective, special, dairy-free probiotic formulation containing five superior strains of freeze-dried, friendly microorganisms that specifically target and help the small and large intestines, improving the intestinal microbiome and digestive processes. This special blend supports the health and replenishment of the ancestral core microbiota and re-colonization of GI tracts.
BIFIDO|MAXIMUS probiotic powder created at The Gut Institute aids in support of a healthy gut and mouth microbiome. The effects of pathogenic microorganisms can take a toll on our health. With the overuse of antibiotics, loss of the ancestral core microbiota is inevitable as documented in recent microbiota studies. Their loss leads to overgrowths of fungi, yeasts, Candida and toxic bacteria such as Streptococcus, E. coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Proteus and Enterobacter. Nearly all of these harmful strains secrete histamine and other toxins which destroy our health. Research has strongly proven that a healthy core microbiota not only inhibits the growth of toxic microbes but also supports reversal of human disease.
High Count, multi strain probiotic powder with 200 billion cfu’s/scoop (0.8 gram).
- Bifidobacterium longum (40%)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum/Bifidobacterium infantis (20%)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (20%)
- Lactobacillus salivarius (10%)
- Lactobacillus gasseri (10%)
- DAIRY/CASEIN FREE
- GLUTEN FREE
- STREPTOCOCCUS FREE
- We do not utilize milk, milk derivatives, galacto oligosaccharides (GOS) or inulin as added ingredients in the fermentation media.
Our probiotic formulations do NOT contain dairy, sugar, gluten, soy, corn, casein, yeast, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, FOS or any Genetically Modified or engineered ingredients.
DOSAGE SUGGESTIONS: Dosages vary from person to person. One scoop daily (200 Billion CFU) or two scoops daily (400 Billion CFU). People with sensitive and tender tummies (severe gut dysbiosis) may consider starting low dose (1/16th scoop=12.5 billion) and increasing very slowly.
MAINTENANCE SUGGESTIONS: One scoop 3 times per week Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
We also include a child scoop measuring 0.1 gram equivalent to 25 billion CFU’s (8 child scoops are equivalent to 1 adult scoop)
This probiotic supplement is temperature stable for 2-3 weeks without refrigeration
How long will a 50 gram powder last?
- One bottle (50 grams) is equivalent to 60 adult scoops
- Each adult scoop measures 0.8 grams (equivalent to 200 billion cfu’s)
- If you take 200 Billion CFU daily (one adult scoop a day), one bottle will last 2 months.
- If you take 400 Billion CFU daily (two adult scoops a day), one bottle will last 1 month.
- Maintenance: If you take one scoop 3 times per week, one bottle will last 4 months.
STORAGE / TEMPERATURE STABILITY
Our probiotic supplements are temperature stable for 2-3 weeks without refrigeration. We have done 2 year temperature stability testing on our probiotics . We overdesign our probiotics so that the loss will not effect the potency indicated on the label. One can travel with our probiotics for 2-3 weeks without refrigeration. It is best however to keep probiotics refrigerated for optimum potency. Below is our 2 year temperature stability study for your information.
ULTRA POTENCY 200 BILLION COLONY FORMING UNITS (CFU’S) PER SCOOP VERIFIED BY INDEPENDENT LABORATORY TESTING.
Probiotics play a key role in human nutrition and health in balancing the intestinal microflora naturally and improving digestive, urogenital and immune systems. Factors that affect the intestinal and vaginal microflora negatively are: antibiotics, infection, poor diet and stress.
Please note that Custom probiotic formulations are very high in potency and purity. They are acid resistant and naturally survive the stomach and intestinal tract. We guarantee 200 billion CFU’s per scoop (0.8 grams) at the time of expiration. Our Custom probiotic powders are also much higher in potency than what we say on the label. Please check our latest Independent Lab Test Results
Our probiotic formulations do NOT contain dairy, sugar, gluten, soy, corn, casein, yeast, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, FOS or any Genetically Modified or engineered ingredients. They do not utilize milk, milk derivatives, galacto oligosaccharides (GOS) or inulin as added ingredients in the fermentation media.
You can travel with our probiotics for 2-3 weeks without refrigeration with very minimal loss of potency.
- Oral-mouth microbiome: Leave in mouth for 30 to 60 seconds before swallowing. Leaves a smooth, plaque-free taste in the mouth. It is great to use after oil-pulling. Consider for history of Strep infections, periodontal disease, cavities, and oral thrush.
- Protection against gastroenteritis in foreign countries: As extra fortification, take with you during travel to foreign countries. BIFIDO|MAXIMUS may be stored at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Protection against losing native gut flora: With use of antibiotics, Lyme disease treatment, Helicobacter pylori treatment, parasite elimination, heavy metal chelation, consider 400 billion CFUs (two scoops) daily.
- Vaginal microbiome: Supports a healthy vaginal microbiome and resilient vagina, the channel of all life.
- Colon and rectal microbiome: Apply as an enema
- Lacto-fermented vegetables and yogurt (goat, cow, coconut milk): As a starter culture, you can amplify both flavors and protective flora.
- Friendly bacteria for our friendly pets (dogs, cats, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, farm animals): Sprinkle on food or water. Our dog Henry, half-terrier/half-chihuahua mix, loves Custom probiotics. Every time he hears the BIFIDO|MAXIMUS jar open, he runs over like a mad dog and laps up every drop of BIFIDO|MAXIMUS in his water bowl! Picture: Henry at the beach at Klamath, summer 2015.
BENEFITS OF BIFIDOBACTERIUM LONGUM:
- Reduces gluten related gut inflammation (enteropathy)
- Reduces iron overload in gut inflammation (animal study)
- Healthy mothers and healthy babies have abundant levels compared with babies with colic, atopy, asthma, celiac disease and allergies
- Healthy adults and children have abundant levels compared with adults and children with colorectal cancer, diverticulitis, adenomas, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel disease (IBS, IBS-C, IBS-D), Helicobacter pylori, gastritis, celiac disease
- Healthy adults and children have abundant levels compared with adults and children with obesity, diabetes Type 1 and Type 2, metabolic syndrome, fatty liver/NASH
- Associated with health and longevity: centenarians have abundant levels
- Avoid gut disruptors which lowers Bifidobacterium longum: sugar, antibiotics, drugs (NSAIDs, Accutane, Proton Pump inhibitors, H2 Blockers, Corticosteroids/Prednisone), low fiber diets, high sugar diets, high refined starch diets, raw potato or maize starch (HAM)/RS Type 2)
Probiotics and Autism
Some children in the Autism spectrum have high D-Lactate in their system, that can cause some neurological issues. Our D-Lactate free probiotic strains will be a safer formula. The majority of Autistic children have gut flora imbalances and toxicities. Since there is a gut-brain relationship, normalizing the gut flora have direct effect on their cognitive abilities, eye contact, behavior, stool and agitation.
Our D-Lactate Free probiotic powder will also benefit people with Histamine and SIBO issues.
For further information please review the Autism section on the Custom web site.
Candida and Probiotics
Candida is a fungus that normally inhabits the mouth, throat, gastrointestinal tract and vagina. Under normal conditions, candida exists within us in a healthy balance, and the body’s immune system keeps it from spreading. When your immune system is strong, candida yeasts presents no problem. But, if you have a poor and sugary diet, nutritional deficiencies, exposure to toxins and stress and/or take antibiotics or other medications the good bacteria that prevent fungal infections from developing can get knocked out. Candida yeasts then multiply and further weaken the immune system.
Symptoms of Candida
Feelings of frustration and loneliness are common when dealing with a yeast overgrowth because Candida is evasive to much of the medical community. Here are some of the common symptoms:
- Gas, bloating and indigestion
- Bowel irregularities, constipation or diarrhea
- Food cravings especially for carbohydrates or sweets
- Mood swings or depression
- Headaches or migraines
- Menstrual problems and PMS
- Dry, itchy skin or hives
- Finger or toe nail fungus
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Itching or redness in body creases
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Weight imbalances (over or under-weight despite diet)
- Premature aging
- Chemical sensitivity (especially colognes or fabric dye)