New podcast with Dr Anh!
Dr Anh | Food as Medicine and Using Nutrition to Reverse Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol & Other Chronic Illnesses
Grace shares the following about gut health:
- Gut health is important for many reasons, but one reason is that 80% of the immune system is in the gut. Operating without proper gut health is like operating with only half of your brain!
- Grace uses a “tree” picture to illustrate each person’s microbiome, showing the branches of the different bacteria found in the gut.
- Many problems and health disorders are caused when the needed varieties of bacteria aren’t present. One problem is the presence of too many antibiotics in our society!
- If you aren’t feeling well, you probably need to replenish the needed bacteria. Grace discusses the inexpensive tests that can be done to assess the composition of the gut.
- Dysbiosis or SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) is common in the upper gut; sometimes a low carb diet can help.
- Grace explains the process of “weeding” as it applies to monitoring your gut flora.