Reverse the root issues by identifying them through testing, not guessing
Reset the natural rhythms of your body and improve hormonal imbalance
Recolonize the terrain, tongue-to-toe, by encouraging diverse, beneficial flora to take root and flourish
Microbiome Medicine is the Foundational Course for Understanding the Basics of Dysfunction in the Gut.
At the Gut Institute, we know that all health begins in the gut and we want to help you to understand the inner workings of the gut and its relationship to complex health conditions. Are your clients not having the success that you want? This jam packed course explores both SIFO and SIBO: their symptomatology, testing and diagnostics, and dives into thorough and effective protocols and therapeutics. With the ease of self-pacing, this 20 hour course will help you to feel empowered to help your most complex clients achieve amazing results. In addition, you will leave this course understanding how to read and interpret OAT and stool testing, and how to effectively work through adrenal, thyroid, and hormonal challenges.
Also Included are:
- The Gut Institute client handouts on Oxalates and Diet
- SIFO Assessment checklists
- SIBO Assessment checklists
- Surveys and Questionnaires to use with clients
- Handouts from the Natural Medicine Database
- Effective protocols
- Case Studies, walked through step by step
The 20 hour curriculum includes the following information packed modules:
- Microbiome Medicine Introduction SIFO: Diagnosis, Pathophysiology, Therapeutics, Cases
- SIFO Protocols: Botanicals and Pharmaceutical Antifungal Pharmacology
- GI Diagnostics I: Organic Acids Test (OAT) Oxalates Biofilm Busting Protocols
- GI Diagnostics II: Stool Microbiome (16S, 18S, qPCR, Culture) & Parasite Testing
- HPA-Thyroid-Gonad-Gut Axis Adrenal-Hormone Protocols
- SIBO & SIPO: Dx Px Tx Cases
- SIBO-SIPO: Therapeutics & Pharmacology
Why use OAT with your clients?
We believe in “testing, not guessing” as it can truly transform health and wellness. All current functional lab testing markers have different limitations and strengths. Currently, the OAT is the only kit that tells us in detail about the small intestine, which is the origin of most disease. The OAT also sheds light on the large intestine.
The OAT also provides toxin and terrain information about:
- Kingdoms of microbial pathogens in the gut with a non-invasive first morning urine collection.
- Adrenal hormones (adrenaline, serotonin,
- Malnourishment and nutrient status (amino acids,
B vitamins, glutathione, vitamin C, etc.)
- Mold (markers 2, 4, 9)
- SIFO markers
- SIBO markers
- Neurotoxin burdens (markers 2, 4, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18)
- Fat burning capabilities and mitochondrial function
For the fastest healing we need the 3 Rs!
- Root issues -- resolve these as we discover and identify with testing, surveys and tracking metrics (temperatures, mood, morning wood, PMS, pain, stress etc).
- Re-colonizing terrain -- find the missing keystone species in gut and restore these. The biome is always overrun with pathogens, yeasts, viruses, parasites and co-infections when these protective keystone species are missing. We want to gently weed these pathogens out while using potent and effective probiotics to seed the terrain. Recolonize from tongue-to-toes means comprehensive approaches for the skin, vagina, sinuses and other terrain.
- Reset adrenaline/cortisol/thyroid/anabolic hormone and temperature rhythms.
Before and After OAT Testimonials
|Patient||Before OATS||After OATS|
|39 year old fatigued PCOS female with mast cell, histamine and multiple food allergies.||- Brain fog fatigue TERRIBLE BAD MISERABLE before and random on body.|
- Was in bathroom all night.
- Chronic IBS-Diarrhea for a decade and just got worse and worse, no protocols or regimens have worked.
- Unable to eat kale it rips my stomach out. On keto diet and it is not working and I’m blowing up in fat
Suboptimal Microbiome: 9
|- Improved energy, skin, food intolerances and adrenal-HPAT hormone imbalances
- No acne in a couple months!!
- Now so much energy did long cross country skiing this season for first time in years
- WBC was originally low 2.7 to 4.0 and normalized to 7.1 after protocols
- Now have routine BM instead of in the bathroom all night. Bristol 4 often (no diarrhea).
- Normal life now which is so liberating. I had not realized I was such a prisoner.
- Go out of the house more.
- Can eat starches and carbs - rice, vegetables, sweet potatoes, S and even occasional cooked kale
- Can have a plate of food and not worry about being upset in any way shape or form now
- Energy much better
Suboptimal Microbiome: 5
|53 year old male executive and amateur body builder.||- IBD|
- Abdominal Pain
- Overgrowths, high oxalates and suboptimal malabsorption
- Anti-saccharomyces antibodies
Suboptimal Microbiome: 17
|- Avoiding Saccharomyces boulardii probiotics helped gut to feel better almost immediately|
- Six pack abs for the first time
- More resilience to infections and stress
- Dandruff and diarrhea all gone
- Hardly any IBD flares now
- No pain fever, pain mucus, bleeding or big sweats
Suboptimal Microbiome: 8
What Makes The Gut Institute Special?
Every TGI product &
program is backed by
evidence-based, peer reviewed research.
No gluten, no fillers &
no contaminants - you
only get the good stuff!
We offer exceptional
products, tested for
potency & efficacy.
Your health is our passion
& we promise to treat you
with respect & kindness.
Always Ask Questions
At The Gut Institute, we believe
everyone should be empowered to
advocate for their own health.
That means asking plenty of questions to discover
which foods, supplements, and health routines are
right for you!
Below, you'll find a selection of Frequently Asked Questions about this program.
Want to know more?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we're happy to help!
The 5 Pillars of the Gut Institute Experience
1. We care
Our focus may be gut health, but our approach is heart centered. We are driven by a passion for helping people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
2. We listen
The Gut Institute approach is individualized, based on your own personal body chemistry and symptoms. We take the time to understand your needs and goals.
3. We learn
Education and study are foundational in all we do. It’s why we build our own programs, interpret our own labs, and create our own proprietary probiotics.
4. We share
Whether it’s through live workshops, blogs, or podcasts, Dr. Grace and The Gut Institute team recognize that the right information can empower and bring hope.
5. We believe
There are no lost causes. If you are willing to take accountability for your health, we will stand with you and offer the resources and support to change your life.